Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Public Service Announcement

Public Service Announcement - Removing Litter

Cleaning the streets with an automatic flyswatter:

For those of you who don't know, this forum, like others, has an Ignore List. You'll find it under your Settings (link to Settings page at the very top right of every page, same line as Log Out).

On the Settings page, below My Messages, My Subscriptions, under My Settings, there is My Account. The last setting there is Edit Ignore List.

Very easy to use - just add the handle of any pesky fly and that annoying buzzing will be gone, only a tombstone left. If you happen to want to see some individual POS left on the street, even if only to remind yourself why you're ignoring, on the tombstone, at the very left of the post, there is a View Post link that will display the individual post. And if you've lost ALL intelligent reasoning, there is also a link on the tombstone to, God forbid, Remove user from ignore list.

A return to sanity. AKA, "You too can prevent flaming wars".

Litter Be Gone.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Excellent advice. Will make use of the Ignore List feature immediately 👍

Senior Member(無間使者) rubit moore's Avatar
    Nice one 11Bravo. Always enjoy reading your posts, a welcome drop of sanity and reason and wit on here.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    If only I could also not see them posting altogether, though the ignore list helps alot!! Can we report them to get them banned?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiryu0 View Post
    If only I could also not see them posting altogether, though the ignore list helps alot!! Can we report them to get them banned?
    At the bottom left of every post, there's a small black triangle with an ! point in it. That's actually a link to "Report Post". BUT, the post has to violate forum rules whose narrowiness I support, and simple littering isn't one. I call it the General Free Speech rule which I support wholeheartedly. The above method allows an individual to apply their own blocks.

Yes, it does leave a tombstone, but look on the bright side - those annoying flies, buzzing around for attention, might be wondering just how often that buzzing is falling on deaf ears and they're talking to themselves. It also makes it easy to vet a user (left click on a user's handle in the leftmost column of the post, and, in the pop-up window, left click View Forum Posts). Handy to find other posts for those who contribute, and for finding out who not to answer, or, in my case, slam, who don't.

Just like the "Block Caller List" on your phone. Yes, the phone might ring once, the call does show up in your call history, but all the caller hears is a busy signal and you enjoy some peace and quiet.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Good shit mate didn’t know this, doing it now cheers.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiryu0 View Post
    Can we report them to get them banned?
    Perhaps you’d like them liquidated instead?

Of course most, in fact all here don’t have the intestinal fortitude to do anything except complain. Complain to a higher authority. What else would one expect from today’s society?

Work in a box, live in a box, get buried in a box.

You cannot think outside the box.

Sheeple.

I say bring back dueling, it’d be exciting.

No need to complain.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    It truly means that they fulfil their destiny as a soundless window licker.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Funny that, the guy that makes the “ignore post”, everybody wants to ignore. I’m sure there are many others on board too

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky69 View Post
    Of course most, in fact all here don’t have the intestinal fortitude to do anything except complain. Complain to a higher authority. What else would one expect from today’s society?

Work in a box, live in a box, get buried in a box.

You cannot think outside the box.

Sheeple.

I say bring back dueling, it’d be exciting.

No need to complain.
    Most here understand and abide by the terms and conditions for membership. But a few think they are superior and don't have to stay within the lines. So the proper procedures are followed and the offender is banned. To reappear, to be banned again, rinse and repeat. Like the petulant child who has to act out in public so gets a time-out, again and again.

Personally, I think it's disrespectful to the host. This site is well run and maintained, and I'm sure the SysAdmins have better things to do than housecleaning POS's.

But as I posted, there is a solution. Like adults in a room with a child acting out, we just ignore and go on with our conversations. I'll admit I take a bit of pleasure in seeing a page with tombstones, especially a sequential group from a single member, knowing that THAT fly is just buzzing to himself (or herself, but I'm going with the odds here). I can sit here in a comfortable chair, drink in hand, enjoying the refreshing breeze of intelligent conversations without the annoying buzz of flies, mosquitoes, gnats... kept outside by the window (yes, I know Linux but I'm lazy) screen.

All a matter of perspective. Some say "sheeple", others say "community". Some say "emerald beetle", others say "an insect to be squashed". Perhaps it depends on which side of the screen you're on...

So, johnjones, vincent, twister, sammael, spankme, coxswain... No matter whether the same person or just, as the Thais say, "same, same but different", ALL the same species to ME. Enjoy your buzzing, I'll enjoy the quiet and the dead bugs (had a lot of those in unix) on the window sill.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Member(無間使者)
    @11Bravo I’m not jonhjones coxswaine or Hammurabi or whatever his name was.

I was banned because?

Vincent888 had 2000 posts and that wasn’t tolerated. It seems the tall poppy’s are not liked here. So I even went to a few low dive shops in the hope of being accepted by my fellow punters, just to prove I was of their ilk. To think some people still smoke in shops, yuk and the fact some better places still have ashtrays next to the beds, even worse.

One isn’t allowed to spend thousands on multiple girl group sex either. Jealousy you see. Don’t write about doing that anymore.

I still punt but no reviews.

Numerous times I was banned. So what?

I’d like to see a list of reasons. They never give one and there is no warning, no recourse and no avenue to reply.

All I ever see is some mug punter complaining I should be banned as they hide behind their keyboard.

11Bravo, you and the sounds of silence, let me guess, you don’t like noisy pubs, the planes flying overhead or the party happening next door.

Put some on block? I do.Wilisno. Almost coxswain but I read him as a try hard. He is correct in his descriptive comments though, but not funny and lacks wit.

You criticise me yet the Indian thread was allowed to perpetuate for how long? A month or so. We all know who the chief antagonists were on that thread yet they’re allowed to stay. Did they get banned? Did you post comment about its content?

Feel free to block me. Feel free to sit in your commode while you release your intestinal emotions and listen to… nothing but flatulence, read nothing and experience nothing.

I have better things to do like chat up tomorrow’s new girl. She’s super keen, she really is. Another long term project, no games with this one as she’s definitely a keeper, so no thread will be started or comments posted.

Enjoy your commode 11Bravo.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    Most here understand and abide by the terms and conditions for membership. But a few think they are superior and don't have to stay within the lines. So the proper procedures are followed and the offender is banned. To reappear, to be banned again, rinse and repeat. Like the petulant child who has to act out in public so gets a time-out, again and again.

Personally, I think it's disrespectful to the host. This site is well run and maintained, and I'm sure the SysAdmins have better things to do than housecleaning POS's.

But as I posted, there is a solution. Like adults in a room with a child acting out, we just ignore and go on with our conversations. I'll admit I take a bit of pleasure in seeing a page with tombstones, especially a sequential group from a single member, knowing that THAT fly is just buzzing to himself (or herself, but I'm going with the odds here). I can sit here in a comfortable chair, drink in hand, enjoying the refreshing breeze of intelligent conversations without the annoying buzz of flies, mosquitoes, gnats... kept outside by the window (yes, I know Linux but I'm lazy) screen.

All a matter of perspective. Some say "sheeple", others say "community". Some say "emerald beetle", others say "an insect to be squashed". Perhaps it depends on which side of the screen you're on...

So, johnjones, vincent, twister, sammael, spankme, coxswain... No matter whether the same person or just, as the Thais say, "same, same but different", ALL the same species to ME. Enjoy your buzzing, I'll enjoy the quiet and the dead bugs (had a lot of those in unix) on the window sill.
    It really is tremendously satisfying to see him yelling into the void ha ha. Btw in this incarnation spankme straight up admitted he’s Vinny, quoting his own “legendary” fantasy 27-somes ARs lol

Thanks again for this tip. I looked for this feature before, assuming it would be alongside the report button on peopleÂ’s posts, as it is on a lot of forums, and didnÂ’t find it.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotPassingThrough View Post
    It really is tremendously satisfying to see him yelling into the void ha ha. Btw in this incarnation spankme straight up admitted he’s Vinny, quoting his own “legendary” fantasy 27-somes ARs lol

Thanks again for this tip. I looked for this feature before, assuming it would be alongside the report button on peopleÂ’s posts, as it is on a lot of forums, and didnÂ’t find it.

Admitting I was Vincent888 so what!

Did I lose any points off my licence or get fined? Do I have to return the shoes I bought? Perhaps I’m not allowed to talk to anyone!

Tell me, how is it affecting my life?

Have you scored any fresh women lately?

Doubt it.

There are those that do and those that don’t.

Enjoy your solitude?

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky69 View Post
    @11Bravo I’m not jonhjones coxswaine or Hammurabi or whatever his name was.

I was banned because?

I have better things to do like chat up tomorrow’s new girl. She’s super keen, she really is. Another long term project, no games with this one as she’s definitely a keeper, so no thread will be started or comments posted.

Enjoy your commode 11Bravo.
    Hahahaha you’re that much up your own arse, you’re even replying to 11Bravo - even though he’s clearly stated he’s put you on his ignore list. You cunt.
    The thrill is gone
    It's gone away for good
    Oh, the thrill is gone, baby
    It's gone away for good
    Someday, I know I'll be over it all, baby
    Just like I know a man should

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by rubit moore View Post
    Hahahaha you’re that much up your own arse, you’re even replying to 11Bravo - even though he’s clearly stated he’s put you on his ignore list. You cunt.

Edit: Yes Big Daddy Spanky you are always correct! I beg you for one thousand pardons.

He gets enough PM’s to stir him up enough to post you silly fool…

Big Daddy Spanky has spoken!

Now read it and weep.

Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    Cleaning the streets with an automatic flyswatter:

For those of you who don't know, this forum, like others, has an Ignore List. You'll find it under your Settings (link to Settings page at the very top right of every page, same line as Log Out).

Litter Be Gone.

There is also a quicker way in four clicks.

You’re reading a thread and thinking ‘fuck me this guy is a douche’….

1:Click on their username in the LH box on the thread you’re perusing
    2:Click ‘View profile’
    3: Click ‘Add to ignore list’ which is located under their profile pic on LH side under ’send private message’
    4: You will be asked to confirm that person is really a douche. Y or N
    Done.

That’s if you can read this of course, haha.

Sorry spank, did you say something?
    Screen Shot 2024-05-18 at 1.17.24 pm.jpg
    Last edited by rubit moore; 18-05-2024 at 02:18 PM. Reason: add pic
    The thrill is gone
    It's gone away for good
    It's gone away for good

Senior Member(無間使者)

3: Click ‘Add to ignore list’ which is located under their profile pic on LH side under ’send private message’
    Done.

Listen, 11Bravo can only read in CAPS LOCK.

When he gets really EXCITED it’s BOLD TXT too!

Your post simply won’t have any MEANING.

I’m trying to be helpful, just like that ML who helped him almost not get run over whilst she held his hand as he crossed the road. Now that I remember he needs some METAMUCIL as he gets sore from sitting in the commode for too long. I don’t know where he lives but can only wonder. Nah I don’t really care as he’s BLOCKED me! Forget the METAMUCIL as he’s reading none of this ANYWAY!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Sorry Big Daddy Spanky, did you say something?
    If it means you sleep better so be it. Just don’t reply to any future posts of mine as I’ll know you’ve gone back on your word. lol You’ll want to reply but now you can’t! Double lol

Done.

Sorry spank, did you say something?
    THANK YOU for a new path to the same destination - quiet. I've only used that menu to find other posts by the user, never knew the option of following the profile (to these ole eyes, that blue on red ISN'T the most distinct - perhaps reading glasses will become mandatory). Tombstones certainly speed up parsing threads when the noise is suppressed, finding those nuggets of useful info.

I've taken the liberty to include your path in the Global General Category Tutorial Thread -> Easy get useful information - Thread Display Option - Prefix Search thread. Have found that thread useful for providing a link to a USEFUL post (for the few who RTFM).

Cheers.

And for the Tombstones, just substitute your handle in the below:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZJEhlIefxA&t=226s
    Last edited by 11Bravo; 18-05-2024 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Add a farewell for the Tombstones

The thrill is gone
    It's gone away for good
    It's gone away for good

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast