Page 25 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sports Thread, Aussie Sports, World Sports and All Sports, let's talk Sports !!

Quote Originally Posted by Benji.marshall View Post
    I'm a little worried with McCullough out...
    Great to see you returning to the Tigers BM !

May be there is still one more premiership left in you ? Aussuming you may or may not not play again for the Broncos this year.

Banned
    So pumped for the fight! Clash of the titans. McGregor is even more excited, he had an erection during the weigh ins!

What a week in Final Football !!

Hope your team/s is/are still alive !!

In the AFL, Richmond can not be more impressive beating the Cats, 95,000 at the MCG !! they will be very hard to beat next up.

Adelaide looks very comfortable beating the GWS and now only 4 quarters away from the GF !

The Swans destroyed the Bombers and will now go to MCG to skin the Cats which they have already beaten last time at Geelong so I think the Swanny is still the team to beat in this com.

What a thriller between the Ports and the Eagles and that final goal after the siren by Shuey ! Now they will have to back that up in Sydney which I still think the GWS will bounce back.

So Adelaide, Richmond, Swans and Giants for the final 4 ??

On the other hand, you could not have written a better scripts of Final Dramas at the NRL side !! Only 4 points separated the top 4 sides and Manly was beaten by the bunker and then the Cowboys defied all odds and shot the Sharks in extra time!

The Broncos got beaten a few times during the match and eventually got it's nose in front and then was beaten again by the brilliance of the youngster Mitchell. They missed Boyd very badly at the back for his leadership in everything. But this Friday at home vs the Panthers, they should progress.

Melbourne was most impressive for the first 20 min but only had 4 points to show and the Eels almost pulled their pants down, but Melbourne being Melbourne and on Smith's 356 game wasn't going to be denied. So get a week off and waiting for the Broncos ??

Manly was very unlucky and unfortunately, the match ended up decided by two vital calls from the bunker, Walker should have scored and Peachey was a knocked on for all money and that's my view. Well, I am biased of course, got a $30 bet on Manly to win the com at $41 to 1 a long time ago and that's never gonna be a winning bet I suppose.

And what can you say about the bravery shown by the North Queensland Cowboys, lost their two Captains and the best players early in the season and the Team just aimed up week after week. Now they have eliminated the Premier, can they back that up again this week against the Eels ?? I think they can, and they are the one with the momentum and nothing to lose, and last time they met, it was 32-6 the Cowboy's way in Sydney ( with Thurston though !).

So Melbourne Storm, Broncos, Roosters and the Cowboys for the final 4 for me,

Go Queenslanders !!! And that also included the 6 Maroons in the Storms of course !

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Great to see Manly and Cronulla knocked out of the Finals.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Agreed Rooter. Just wish my Dragons hadn't collapsed mid season

Senior Member(無間使者)
    And in the Manly game , Walker was definitely offside and the latest video shows the ball didn't hit Peacheys hand.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    Great to see Manly and Cronulla knocked out of the Finals.
    Sharkies robbed by the referees

Quote Originally Posted by paulgallen View Post
    Sharkies robbed by the referees
    Tell that to the Manly fans too !!

I think apart from Melbourne and Roosters, neither the Sharks (5th) nor the Manly (6th) had got the "home final " advantage they supposed to have earned after 26 rounds of footy !

Both games being so closed, if Manly was in Lottoland and the Sharks in Shark Park, may be they would have won .

On the other hand, the Broncos would probably beat the Roosters in Suncorp and if the Eels were playing the Storms in Sydney , anything could have happened !!

And how on earth would Geelong have agreed to play their home final after finishing 2nd at the MCG instead of playing at home in Geelong is beyond me, they basically were playing in the Tigerland !!

Banned
    Serious respect to Conor for going a full fight with one of the greats. He's a fucking champion. If it had been MMA, he'd take Mays arse easy

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I think it's more of Mayweather dragging him into later rounds. Fans would not be pleased if it ended in three. Mayweather hardly threw a punch in the first three rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunningsnag View Post
    I think it's more of Mayweather dragging him into later rounds. Fans would not be pleased if it ended in three. Mayweather hardly threw a punch in the first three rounds.
    That's what Jeff Fenech said in a fight show that Mayweather could take Conor out anytime he wanted from the way he fought, just to give the fans a bit more viewing time, I don't have much doubt about that statement !
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Focker View Post
    If it had been MMA, he'd take Mays arse easy
    Yeah, in an MMA fight McGregor would just take him to the ground and just pound or submit him.
    But Mayweather would never agree to an MMA fight with McGregor - he is not stupid.
    Watch the Couture v Toney fight to see what happens when a boxer takes on an MMA fighter.

And we must also congratulate the two grand masters of tennis, between Roger and Rafa, they won the four majors :

Roger now has 19 majors, 8 of them from Wimbledon, Rafa has 16 majors, a perfect 10 from Paris .

Next come Novak with 12 , including 6 from Melbourne Park and don't know what's happening with him now.

While we are on tennis, Martina Hingis is now the undisputed Double Queen in Grand Slams :

She had now won 13 doubles and 7 mixed double majors, including women's double at Wimbledon and the double doubles at the US Open !

Well done Martina and her very cute Taiwanese partner.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Horse Racing - what about The Everest?? Leading contenders???

99 King Member (帝皇會員) CunningLinguist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wilisno View Post
    That's what Jeff Fenech said in a fight show that Mayweather could take Conor out anytime he wanted from the way he fought, just to give the fans a bit more viewing time, I don't have much doubt about that statement !
    Exactly, apparently he didn't even train and was going out late to strip clubs etc. He probably could have beaten him with one arm.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wilisno View Post
    I thought it was a very good fight and thumbs up for Mcgregor to take that fight using boxing rules. He did well in the first five rounds and there's no way Mayweather would have knocked him down in the first three. He does know how to punch and clinch in MMA. It's not that easy to knock him down unless he's tired. He did get tired at the end and similar situation with his fight with Diaz.

I was dissapointed with Mayweather fight against Manny but he did well against Mcgregor . He was quite aggresive at the end but again he is a hall of fame in boxing.

Looking forward to Mcgregor next fight and hopefully another rematch with Diaz.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylie View Post
    Horse Racing - what about The Everest?? Leading contenders???

The form horse at the moment is Vega Magic, won the last three including two group 1's. Will have one more start before the big one so he is rock hard fit.

But Chautauqua is the horse they all have to beat.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Broncos same line up??? Bennett playing mind games... hope the Cowboys go through as well... and Flanagan just won't move on...

I hope they rest Boyd this week and save him for the Storms game and the team will step up, beat the Panthers and give their Captain at least one more for the seasons !

Another Queensland bashing Queensland, so unfair !

Page 25 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast