Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: State of Origin, it's a numbers game, QLD to win the series 2-1 and 8 in a row !

State of Origin, it's a numbers game, QLD to win the series 2-1 and 8 in a row !

While there may be some last minutes changes on the two sides, the teams that were named have very little surprises!

Let's face it, the contests had been fairly tight every year but the big name players from QLD just seems to be able to close out or hold on to win the big games, that's all.

I don't think the Blues can win this as a general team, the team itself is not that far behind the Maroons anyway, it will always come down to some individual brilliants.

If we look at the team selected and corresponse that with their respective Club and the points each Club has on the NRL ladder, the QLD side clearly has an advantage.

This is how I see it, if you give each players from the Bunnys 18 points and 17 points to each Storm players and Eels players gets 6 points and same with the Tigers. The QLD team has a total of 215 points and the Blues 196 points. This means the QLD players on average are playing for better performing NRL Clubs.

Furthermore, the QLD team has 6 players from the top 4 teams while the NSW only has 5. And most significantly, the QLD side has NO players from the bottom 4 teams and NSW has 4 in Hayne (1), Morris (5), Farah (9) and Merrin (16), especially on 1 and 9, two of the key position on the "Spine", they are both great players but their team keep getting bashed week in week out is not gonna help their confidence.

And then you look at the 1 and 9 from QLD, enough said.

Go Queenslanders !!

Just my 7 and soon to be 8 cents

Cheers

Without good customer services, there will be no business!!
    「今時今日咁嘅服務態度係唔得架喇…」

Directory of all my After Reports:
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ts-by-AHLUNGOR

This is what RnT is all about - photo thread:
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...T-is-all-about!!

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Year in year out, the Qld forwards hold their own or have an edge on nsw's.

Then the magic of Qld's 9, 7, 6 and 1 engineers the victory.

Those player numbers above are amongst the greatest players ever to play the game. As a nsw supporter I take a lot from just from watching their talent. The Thurston and Lockyer halves combination was the best I've ever seen. Cronk isn't the immortal that Lockyer will be, but he is still right up there! Then you have to add Inglis, Smith and Slater to the combination! Sorry guys, but heart isn't enough when you are against heart and game breaking TALENT.

Well, there could be some twist yet in this year's line up:

JT may break camp to be with his wife for the birth of his first child, which is very important. So they may have Cherry-Evans in the halfs with Cronks and that should give the Blues an edge in the half since Maloney and Pearce play together at the Rooster and they are going so well.

Anyway, time will tell.

May the best team win

Cheers

「今時今日咁嘅服務態度係唔得架喇…」

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    just my 2 cents here but i think if thurston doesnt play nsw has a chance.
    fifita is in form, ferguson in form ..

honestly we all know we dont need hayne plane there (sorry parra fans).. put in merrit.
    drop pearce for adam reynolds

souths are doing excellent this season

with kurt gidley ruled out aswell with an injury they should slot tim grant back into the side.
    but no decision as of yet..

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    also the two home games will be a decider aswell i reckon.. as usually it is 1 in brissy 1 in syd and 1 in melb (mini qld)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vicky View Post
    honestly we all know we dont need hayne plane there (sorry parra fans).. put in merrit.
    No need to apologise, us Parra fans know better than anyone that Hayne's still dining out on the back end of 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by vicky View Post
    just my 2 cents here but i think if thurston doesnt play nsw has a chance.
    fifita is in form, ferguson in form ..

drop pearce for adam reynolds

souths are doing excellent this season

with kurt gidley ruled out aswell with an injury they should slot tim grant back into the side.
    but no decision as of yet..
    I think John Sutton will replace Gidley, that's an inform 106 kg 18 points top of the table club player for a not so fit and out of form player, I think NSW's chance has just improved and now both sides have six players from the top 4 clubs !

I hope QLD will have a better price now, will be great if the media helps to talk up NSW and becomes favourite !!

Cheers

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼) IExperiment's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    I think John Sutton will replace Gidley, that's an inform 106 kg 18 points top of the table club player for a not so fit and out of form player, I think NSW's chance has just improved and now both sides have six players from the top 4 clubs !

I hope QLD will have a better price now, will be great if the media helps to talk up NSW and becomes favourite !!

Cheers
    You cant win all the time the problem from NSW is they are all selfish players this past few years and Queensland always play like they are brothers in arms. We all remember when Wally lewis era he still get beaten in some years cause those were the days when NSW play like brothers in arms as well, thats why there was more fight in those days. Qeensland had the dream team those days and still got beaten some years.

Quote Originally Posted by IExperiment View Post
    You cant win all the time the problem from NSW is they are all selfish players this past few years and Queensland always play like they are brothers in arms. We all remember when Wally lewis era he still get beaten in some years cause those were the days when NSW play like brothers in arms as well, thats why there was more fight in those days. Qeensland had the dream team those days and still got beaten some years.
    I still remember in 95 when Fatty was the coach and his team of no body won the series 3-0! That was the Queensland spirits !

Banned
    I still remember in 95 when Fatty was the coach and his team of no body won the series 3-0! That was the Queensland spirits !
    Remember when the Queensland selectors picked Ben Ikin, and Fatty as the Queensland coach responded "Ben Who???".

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼) IExperiment's Avatar
    Did they lost the year after ??? and it was 3-0 the other way ???

The team is final and JT is playing, Queensland 1-12, or by 8 points, G.I. to score the first try, if QLD can't win, a draw will be just as good as we are the current title holder, we get to retain the shield if there is a draw today followed by 1-1.

The average age of the Maroons are two years older than the Blues but there are 225 games in the team vs 104 from the Blues, I think in the end, the quality and class of the QLD/Australian Spines will prevail.

Go Queenslanders !!

「今時今日咁嘅服務態度係唔得架喇…」

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Want the absolute pick of the line up?

Go to a shop anytime over the next two hours!

The Blues got the first 6 points ! Up the mighty Blues !
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Shop girls, time to catch up on all your gossip!

Carn The Blues !!!!!!!

NSW : 1

Queensland : 0

Haha !
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

Great game. Huge one 2 hit by the captain on nate myles

Banned

Go the blues!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyk View Post
    Great game. Huge one 2 hit by the captain on nate myles
    Take that where the sun don't shine QLD!!

Nate needs to learn how to fight or at least keep his hands up!!

But I must admit he knows how to eat a fist or 2 hahahahahaha!!!

The Blues play well tonight, 14-0 half time won it for them. They were the better team tonight and deserved to win!

Queensland as usual had a late surge but left the run too late and wasn't good enough.

JT was not 100% and probably shouldn't play and should have let DCE have a go. G.I. was very quiet except that final pass for the try. They will all lift at Suncorp, no question about that.

The question will be, can the Blues play with the same intensity two games in a row or they will be thinking game three already.

QLD can still win 2-1

Just my two cents

Cheers

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast