Thread: Scams

Senior Member(無間使者)

Scams

Anyone been done recently as in scammed?

I was done yesterday. Replied to a Locanto ad, girl seemed legit, photos etc looked ok.

She said it was her and a couple of others working out of a 3 bedroom apartment in Mascot with a “boss man”. The “boss man” should have set off alarm bells but I didn’t think too much about it at the time.

Arrived at the apartment block in Mascot (big modern apartment block with lots of different blocks) and messaged whoever was on the other end. Message came back that the “boss man” will come and get you. A tattooed Lebanese guy rocks up and we walk towards one of the blocks. Stupidly, I gave him the $200 and then he directs me to Block C Number 618. He does a u-turn and heads in the opposite direction. I enter code 618 and of course it comes up with “error”. Try again and “error” at which point I realise I have been scammed!

The Lebanese guy of course was nowhere to be seen and even if he had been I wouldn’t have approached him because he looked like the type that would be trouble.

The Locanto person was Omz348186

Beware!

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    That is shit and real rookies mistake. Locanto private are ahit if not a confirm legit place

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Sorry to hear that mate. This shit is real. Lesson learnt. Don’t waste your time. Follow this forum’s recommendations and enjoy.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Sorry to hear bro. That sounds fucked up.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Fuck mate sorry to hear about your situation.
    I experienced once from random WeChat users.
    These people will get their lesson hopefully

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Sorry to hear that too.
    If that is of any consolation, I reckon i would have been scammed too, thinking I'm paying the papasan the monies, instead of the WL.
    A good lesson is that , unless you are familiar with the process, when dealing with privates , you have to pay directly to the WL.

Purple Heart Award

Lesson #1: Don't pay until you've seen the product

Lesson #2: if it's not an established shop, never pay a 3rd person

But thanks for the AR. Serves as a refresher to ALL to NOT be complacent.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Wechat/Lime/Locanto = very high risk of getting scam. there are few legit, but most would be scam. Probably 8 out of 10 would be a scam.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Did you end up emptying your balls somewhere?

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    thanks for sharing mate

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nthnrr View Post
    Anyone been done recently as in scammed?

I was done yesterday. Replied to a Locanto ad, girl seemed legit, photos etc looked ok.

She said it was her and a couple of others working out of a 3 bedroom apartment in Mascot with a “boss man”. The “boss man” should have set off alarm bells but I didn’t think too much about it at the time.

Arrived at the apartment block in Mascot (big modern apartment block with lots of different blocks) and messaged whoever was on the other end. Message came back that the “boss man” will come and get you. A tattooed Lebanese guy rocks up and we walk towards one of the blocks. Stupidly, I gave him the $200 and then he directs me to Block C Number 618. He does a u-turn and heads in the opposite direction. I enter code 618 and of course it comes up with “error”. Try again and “error” at which point I realise I have been scammed!

The Lebanese guy of course was nowhere to be seen and even if he had been I wouldn’t have approached him because he looked like the type that would be trouble.

The Locanto person was Omz348186

Beware!
    How did you know that he is Lebanese?

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Never trust Locanto ads

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    Lesson #1: Don't pay until you've seen the product

Lesson #2: if it's not an established shop, never pay a 3rd person

But thanks for the AR. Serves as a refresher to ALL to NOT be complacent.
    How do you decide whether to italicise, underline, use bold, USE A BIGGER FONT or a combination? Are there intricacies that I will never understand?

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    you can probably report this to the police. It wouldn't matter so much if you are single, probably harder to do if you have a partner/family