Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YMMV - but how far can it vary...really?

Senior Member(無間使者)

YMMV - but how far can it vary...really?

Is it just me, or is anyone else getting sick and tired of overwhelmingly positive reviewers hiding behind the line "YMMV"???

Because in the end BS reviews cost punters' money and wasted time and energy on a dud punt, which then defeats one of the purpose of forums like this to somehow shift the odds in favour of the punter (or call me a cynic, really the purpose of the forum is to generate income for the owners of this website)...

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4some View Post
    Is it just me, or is anyone else getting sick and tired of overwhelmingly positive reviewers hiding behind the line "YMMV"???

Because in the end BS reviews cost punters' money and wasted time and energy on a dud punt, which then defeats one of the purpose of forums like this to somehow shift the odds in favour of the punter (or call me a cynic, really the purpose of the forum is to generate income for the owners of this website)...
    I don't think there's anything wrong with it. It's a disclaimer and not unlike investing and trading forums people posting DYOR - do your own research.

Also WL and ML are human and sometimes when reviews are written you may feel that there was a connection hence get more out of the session or its not the norm for that lady so it doesn't hurt to signal that for the reader. Poor new to the forum person may think that is the standard and either get pissed or disappointed service wasn'tlike that.

Just my thoughts: )

Quote Originally Posted by 4some View Post

I never used the word YMMV, it's too obvious, I always write what happened in the session with me, I won't write what will happen in the session with anybody else, whether they will have the same experience, it's not my problem !

As I said many times before, if you think a review doesn't go well with your experience, don't read it if it's written by that writer you don't trust, end of story !
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    yeah mate sometimes it's hard to tell. It could be a connection issue etc, at the end of the day , the girls are humans with emotions as well. Could be something you say, smell or did that might turn them off therefore your experience could vary. I never trust a review a 100% but having see more similar positive reviews of a certain girl obviously would mean something is working or she's a real professional. I haven't been wrong so far with girls of such but have only gotten bad experiences with girls that "I decided to check it out with one good review".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wilisno View Post
    I never used the word YMMV, it's too obvious, I always write what happened in the session with me, I won't write what will happen in the session with anybody else, whether they will have the same experience, it's not my problem !

As I said many times before, if you think a review doesn't go well with your experience, don't read it if it's written by that writer you don't trust, end of story !
    I concur with the comments above.

My after report deals with my time with the girl and not what someone else encountered with the same girl. I remind others that the service provided by the girl may differ with other customers since you can never be 100% certain that the service provided by a girl to one customer will be the same for another. It may depend on factors such as how the girl is feeling and whether it is the beginning or end of her shift, does she like the customer or not and whether she was providing a standard service in comparison to a diamond level service. In addition, customer's perceptions of how he should be serviced by a WL or ML differ too. Some guys like GFE while others prefer PSE. Some girls have their own style of providing service so what might be to the liking of one customer might not go down well with another customer. In the end, the after reports serve as a guide for others as to what type of service the girl may provide and whether it is worthwhile seeing a girl. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to make up his own mind about the service of the girl and whether to see her or not.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼) Pussyhands's Avatar
    Yeah there's the difference between punters - what each punter likes can be different and there can be difference on how u are when with the girl. If your not hygienic or have bad attitude etc the girl may not be able to provide the exact service.

On the flip side if a girl is blatantly using an excuse to waste time then sure there's an issue. I had one like that once.... We all been there.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    My gripe is more with exaggerated reviews, esp about the looks. I agree when it comes to service YMMV when it comes to service, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but there seems to be a stigma around negative reviews in this forum.

Banned
    Many punters don't post negative reviews and this may be attributed to the fear that the shop might not look favourably towards them especially when they want to see new or popular girls or they just take it on the chin and let the bad encounter pass so no one else finds out about it.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by tales88 View Post
    My gripe is more with exaggerated reviews, esp about the looks. I agree when it comes to service YMMV when it comes to service, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but there seems to be a stigma around negative reviews in this forum.
    I have to agree on the looks thing haha I've gone and chosen a girl based on a few reviews saying she's really pretty and when I met her thought...
    Hmmm...not my type haha

99 King Member (帝皇會員) CunningLinguist's Avatar
    Maybe we need to review reviewers!
    If a reviewer has a mix of both positive and negative aspects in their reviews and reviews a number of different shops he may get a favourable ranking.
    On the other hand if a reviewer always has amazing positive experiences despite what others experience and writes for the same shop all the time and has fake accounts to keep his reviews in the limelight he may get a less than favourable ranking, eg. Max Impact's reviews of the now defunct TMC run by the now banned for life Yamada (thanks Max for your unwitting help to get him banned).

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by tales88 View Post
    , but there seems to be a stigma around negative reviews in this forum.
    I agree, getting very common now too

Quote Originally Posted by Starfire View Post
    I have to agree on the looks thing haha I've gone and chosen a girl based on a few reviews saying she's really pretty and when I met her thought...
    Hmmm...not my type haha
    Same deal ! If you find the reviewer doesn't have the same taste as yours, don't follow his lead from then on !

But in your case, you said a few reviews said she's pretty but you thought otherwise, then you can't really blame others for having bad taste, haha, as they say, the majority rules !

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    as they say, the majority rules !
    hear hear!! that's how I found out about Nana

Quote Originally Posted by Sam88 View Post
    hear hear!! that's how I found out about Nana
    Well ! The problem is, if anyone writes a good report, he will be suspected to be bias, and if no one backs up his report, then you won't have multiple reports to take reference for !

And if the writer decides not to write at all for fear of the above problem, then you won't have any report to help make a decision with at all !

That's why the forum rule was created that a report should not be criticized, if you find you've got a different experience, write your own without attacking the original report or reporter.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) Max Impact's Avatar
    Well ! The problem is, if anyone writes a good report, he will be suspected to be bias, and if no one backs up his report, then you won't have multiple reports to take reference for !

And if the writer decides not to write at all for fear of the above problem, then you won't have any report to help make a decision with at all !

That's why the forum rule was created that a report should not be criticized, if you find you've got a different experience, write your own without attacking the original report or reporter.
    A forum rule consistently broken by Cunninglinguist!

I could not have put it any better myself, Brother Wil !!

LIKE !!
    Without good customer services, there will be no business!!
    「今時今日咁嘅服務態度係唔得架喇…」

Directory of all my After Reports:
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ts-by-AHLUNGOR

This is what RnT is all about - photo thread:
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...T-is-all-about!!

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Hi guys, been reading this forum for a while, some of the reviews are accurate and some don't pass face validity after having experienced the same lady.

There's nothing worse than a dud punt and I'll do my best to put in my 2 cents.

When it comes to the punt experience, I think its a mix of the WL's general attitude + your chemistry with them. To be safe, you'd want their general attitude to be positive irrespective of time of day, day of week or season.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)

I so agree!

Bra wilisno , you got the best answer in this case , thumbs up the best

Any new rules for this matters bras ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast