Thread: WIll credit card surcharges be reduced in sex shops as well?

Senior Member(無間使者)

WIll credit card surcharges be reduced in sex shops as well?

So on March 18, cc surcharges will be capped at "reasonable levels". The average merchant fee for visa is roughly less than 1%. Reckon brothels will follow these new laws?
    Sometimes i hate walking upto a brothel to find no cash in my wallet but at the same time hate going to an atm late at night just in case there is a dodgy bastard waiting. I don't mind paying by cc as i have no one to check my statements nor do i mind paying the extra 1%. I hope they have to follow suit as well.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by Action Pump View Post
    So on March 18, cc surcharges will be capped at "reasonable levels". The average merchant fee for visa is roughly less than 1%. Reckon brothels will follow these new laws?
    Sometimes i hate walking upto a brothel to find no cash in my wallet but at the same time hate going to an atm late at night just in case there is a dodgy bastard waiting. I don't mind paying by cc as i have no one to check my statements nor do i mind paying the extra 1%. I hope they have to follow suit as well.
    shop charge you extra because they have to pay tax on the payment you did on cards..
    while with cash, they dont have to disclose everything

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    If it's a law they don't have a choice. If it's a guideline then of course nothing will change, they will just do what they want.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Its definitely a rule by the RBA. This should kerb companies like Qantas and Cabcharge gouging customers on CC surcharges. I hope brothels do the same.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) Littlewonder's Avatar
    I have often wondered how legal charging you 10% is not that I care that much I dont pay by credit card since a friend of mine got found out because he used his credit card ended up costing him a lot devorce etc. And how would you explain all that to the kids?

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I think the shop can just say credit card's not accepted if you complain 10% being too much

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Same reason why some restaurants don't accept American Express and Diner's Club, their profit will suffer

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Do 64 Taren point take credit card, h8 walking around with lots of cash?

Quote Originally Posted by africanw View Post
    Do 64 Taren point take credit card, h8 walking around with lots of cash?
    How long do you normally stay ? I don't think $200 or less is considered a lot of cash these days !
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

Senior Member(無間使者)
    who want to have history of brothel visit at his credit card..
    for me even i`m single i dont even want that..
    unless they arent put the real name on it..
    but if you are complaining about the 10% ..
    its better for you to find the ATM machine beside of using your credit card..