Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How badly have I screwed my chances with this girl?

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Is this conspiracy stuff all new to this thread or is it an ongoing thing that has been discussed elsewhere on the forum? I would love to give it a read (with the X-Files theme playing on repeat in the background).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slangman69 View Post
    Yeah, it is an important detail that did need to be worked out beforehand, just to avoid disappointment (or a bad after review, AHAHAHAHAHA).
    You do not want to post a bad review here. You will be discredited and definitely cast as a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by slangman69 View Post
    I don't mean to offend, but you are seriously coming off as a paranoid lunatic.

I made the name "CliveTheReturn" because I couldn't use "CliveCliveClive" anymore due to the forum change over and it was the first thing that came to my head. There is no grand conspiracy you crazy, crazy person.

I only directed comments to that CunningLinguist (omg, look at how he capitalises his name, coincidence?) bloke as he was coming off as extremely misogynistic with the things he was saying, and the fact that he was saying those things in a thread where somebody was asking for advice was a fucked up thing. And then came his paranoid accusations that I am apparently somebody else... I believe my request for him to see a therapist was reasonable as I am genuinely frightened for him if he truly believes that everybody who disagrees with his creepy, misogynistic ways is actually the same single person.

If others have also recommended him to seek help, perhaps the problem is not the existence of a grand conspiracy of somebody on the internet out to get him with multiple accounts, but just more the fact that he's a misogynist creep and people are put off by that.

I'm sure others like AHLungor, brother Lee King, Royal Flush, The Tiger can vouch for me as Wil has?
    And what exactly will they vouch for?? That you're a troll, albeit a different troll??

Well hopefully they will set the record straight and then you can rest easy. Because no self respecting troll would like someone else to get the credit for their hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by Business Class View Post
    No need to get me involved. I'm just an innocent bystander trying to point out that you two should be sorting out the finer details to avoid disappointment later.

Who is to be the cockslider, and cockslidee. Very important detail I think.

For a bystander who wants no involvement you seem quite mesmerised with the whole idea, look at how your curiosity is even making you ponder 'cocksliders and cockslidees'

I'm sure if you ask the slangman nicely he'll accommodate your curiosities.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I am willing to accommodate anybodies curiosities.

Hi Clive,

On how to migrate your old account into the new forum, read this

http://forum.aus99.com/showthread.ph...-the-old-forum

If you forgot your password, you can email admin for help. Look forward to seeing the name Clive again around town.
    Unfortunately The Tiger account has been banned. I miss that dude, wonder what he has re spawned into?

Why not register again under:

CliveCliveCliveClive

Or

3Clive ? 4Clive ?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by rage_face View Post
    It's hard bro, because in the past I have failed because I didn't make a move. Then sometimes I failed because I made a move too late. Now I fail because I made a move too early. It seems like people give me advice to do something but everytime it fails I am the only one responsible for it.

I wonder, if a girl likes you, is there such a thing as too early/too late?
    As far as I'm aware, if a girl is truly interested in you, there's never a too early or late situation. She will chase you to get you.

In every single relationship I've been in, I've known within a month. If unsure, then err on the side of not interested.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    I know I'm generalising a bit here:

the thing with women is, their feelings for someone come and go a lot faster than it is for men, i.e. they may initially be attracted, but if the guy does not do the right things to stoke the flames then those feelings eventually die out.

You can see this at bars and clubs: as guys are generally attracted to someone based on looks, the girls they have the hots for will not change from the beginning of the night, to the end (Beer Goggles notwithstanding), whereas for girls, who are more-so attracted to a guy based on what's on the inside (a darn good thing given most men don't look like Ricky Martin), they will gain and lose attraction for different guys throughout the night, depending on how she sees them through e.g. their mannerisms and body language.

essentially, just because a girl may have been interested in the beginning, unless you fan those flames and keep it burning, her interest will fade over time.

And I agree with those who suggest you take a break from her, hard as it may sound..

Banned
    Fair point

Banned
    Duplicate post deleted

Quote Originally Posted by dohdoe View Post
    if a girl is truly interested in you, she will chase you to get you.
    I dont 100% agree with this statement.
    Not under all "she is interested" cases, "will she start to chase you" holds true. Girls start to truly chase guys under a few special circumstances.
    1) The guy is a bad boy type - she wants to tame him.
    2) Humans always want something that they cant get.
    - A guy who ditch her for a better girl
    - A love triangle situation where she is the jilted girl
    3) She is coming of marriageable age, this guy may be her last hope of getting married
    4) She is not attractive, not many suitors
    5) The guy is resourceful and has many options

There are so many girls who never need to chase guys in their lifetime. There are plenty of girls who settle for their second best option, a "good enough" guy for their life-long companion amongst many other reasons.

But it is certainly possible to turn a neutral girl into a girl who starts chasing you because she is addicted to you. You just need to press the correct buttons. Unless you are already her type and she likes you at the onset.

2 cents opinion as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by dohdoe View Post
    As far as I'm aware, if a girl is truly interested in you, there's never a too early or late situation. She will chase you to get you.
    I agree to some degree. But to take it to an extreme, let's say I meet a girl in a group and she likes what she sees. Then I suddenly get down on one knee and blurt out "will you be my girlfriend?"

Extreme, but illustrates my point that there are varying degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by dohdoe
    In every single relationship I've been in, I've known within a month. If unsure, then err on the side of not interested.
    Maybe, but see random's post where things can change for a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by random_p View Post
    essentially, just because a girl may have been interested in the beginning, unless you fan those flames and keep it burning, her interest will fade over time.
    I agree that this may have happened in my case. However, I would like to think that if the roles were reversed, and I realised that I no longer was interested in the girl, I would cut off contact and not give her false hope. In my case the girl kept coming out with me which gave me false hope.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by rage_face View Post
    I agree that this may have happened in my case. However, I would like to think that if the roles were reversed, and I realised that I no longer was interested in the girl, I would cut off contact and not give her false hope. In my case the girl kept coming out with me which gave me false hope.
    well, that's the thing, in my opinion it is precisely because this girl's feeling can change over time that, unlike those of us who think in black & white terms ("Yes, I'm interested so I'll keep pursuing", or "No, I'm not interested so I'll stop all contact with her"), she may have stayed in the picture in order to see what else she liked about you.

Harmony: yes, having money and a direction in life helps, but just as that is no guarantee being rich and/or successful would mean your wife will never divorce you, it goes to show that relationships are "alive", and require constant work to keep healthy. Besides, I'm sure we all know girls who would actually be turned off by someone in a showy car!

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Bro rage_face, I reckon you probably had a very good chance with this girl at some point, but you didn't go for it simply because you were not really into her in the first place. The fact that you can say she's only OK looking in your OP shows that. Since you were not actively trying to get her, you didn't put in the extra effort to impress her during that time when she was interested in you. Only one hand was trying to clap at that time, you see what I'm saying bro?
    So she decided to moved on from you as a bf candidate and try another guy. In other words, bro, you were "friend zoned" before you knew it.
    What you are feeling now is just doubt. You're doubting your subconscious decision not to go for this girl because you are feeling lonely or horny or that you "missed out". In fact, your subconscious mind is still pulling the strings: if you really had the hots for her, why would you need advice from your friend before taking decisive action?
    So my opinion is, it's not really a loss for you because you didn't really want her anyway, and that is probably still the case. You just don't know it.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I think you should send her my way. That will make sure she works out what she is missing with you and she will come running back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by random_p View Post
    well, that's the thing, in my opinion it is precisely because this girl's feeling can change over time that, unlike those of us who think in black & white terms ("Yes, I'm interested so I'll keep pursuing", or "No, I'm not interested so I'll stop all contact with her"), she may have stayed in the picture in order to see what else she liked about you.
    If that's right, then looks like I screwed it up with the pen. Who would've thought a fucking pen...

Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Bro rage_face, I reckon you probably had a very good chance with this girl at some point, but you didn't go for it simply because you were not really into her in the first place. The fact that you can say she's only OK looking in your OP shows that. Since you were not actively trying to get her, you didn't put in the extra effort to impress her during that time when she was interested in you. Only one hand was trying to clap at that time, you see what I'm saying bro?
    So she decided to moved on from you as a bf candidate and try another guy. In other words, bro, you were "friend zoned" before you knew it.
    What you are feeling now is just doubt. You're doubting your subconscious decision not to go for this girl because you are feeling lonely or horny or that you "missed out". In fact, your subconscious mind is still pulling the strings: if you really had the hots for her, why would you need advice from your friend before taking decisive action?
    So my opinion is, it's not really a loss for you because you didn't really want her anyway, and that is probably still the case. You just don't know it.
    Bro, even though at first I didn't think much of her appearance, as time went along I started falling for her. I was putting in the effort, bu trying to stay cool at the same time. I think I may have gone from one extreme to another...

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    No need to answer those redundant 7 questions.

She is not that into you. She appreciate your friendship. that's all. move on and you know what, there are tons of single girls out there =)

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼) IExperiment's Avatar
    Stop dwelling in the past Rage if she did not contact you back with in two weeks than its time to moe on.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Without a doubt she is in a relationship but just wants a little attention from you...
    win her heart or walk away

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast