Thread: What realistic jobs can ML's get if they want to change 'careers'?

Senior Member(無間使者)

What realistic jobs can ML's get if they want to change 'careers'?

The thread on 'what WL/MLs spend their money on" and Jellyshots comment on industries that have low barriers to entry got me thinking.

In your opinion, what jobs could a ML realistically get given the following possible issues:

1. No formal education beyond high school
    2. Potentially poor English
    3. Big unexplainable gaps in work history
    4. Potentially high course fees to pay
    5. No formal work experience in Australia

I'm sure there are others.

I'm really only focussing on MLs and not WLs as my naive interpretation might be that MLs are in this game for the shorter term and many more are looking to exit to a more fulfilling lifestyle.

You never know, if we can come up with some realistic roles, some of our ML friends might take our counsel.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    not many..

hospitality and retail?

pay is not much .. but u can still live off x amount.

just no gucci and chanel which seems to be the case for some girls

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼) jellyshots's Avatar
    Lol, for the ML's I've spoken to the paths they've actually chosen after being ML's for a while are:-

- Gone over to FS WL's
    - Real Estate (if an ML has been working for around 2 years, her English should be getting pretty good)
    - Mortgage Broking
    - Accounting
    - Corporate Sales

On the lower end of the scale:-
    - Work at a cafe or pizza shop
    - Hospitality
    - Bartender
    - Reception at the shop

For the Asian girls, Real Estate at many of the commercial Real Estate agencies has been an option where they deal with wealthy Chinese clients. Like any profession, big gaps in work history aren't a big problem (many were international students) and if the girl is pretty, honestly, people don't reference check that diligently.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    If they work on their English in the meantime when working they are in a better position than girls newly arrived with poor English.

Transferable skills are probably limited to being friendly and willing in the face of a bad customer. Also just dealing with customers in general.

So if you look at it positively they are in a better position to work in oz after their ML stint.

However if they weigh up the option of working other lesser paid jobs to getting 100-300 dollars per hour for giving a bit of a massage and a tug +- naked... I know some of us here would think it reasonable that prolonging a bit of ML work, even part time, is a good option.

Banned
    I've met a few MLs who were studying at uni and planning a career in the finance, law or marketing industries.

They have a small window of opportunity though. If they havent completed tertiary study by the age of 30, and have no relevant work experience to show for their 20s, they are pretty much destined for life as a cock wrangler, or at best a mamasan or shop owner.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    House wife if they find a sugar daddy to take care of them.

Some might also use their funds to set up their own businesses e.g hairdresser, fashion etc.

When you think about it they are very entrepreneurial.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    There's still quite a lot of diversity in the ML/WL sector. I've met plenty of uni students who are pretty set on what they want, and do sex work as an additional off the books gig. Others have little choice.

I met a sassy ML not long ago who has fairly well thought out tech entrepreneurial plans, but who also noted that a lot of the other girls in the shop are basically held captive by their conditions — bad English, living in the owner's accommodations, receiving big *fines* (rather than getting fired) if they don't turn up to work (hence keeping you in a debt cycle), etc.

I'm not blind to the fact that the more empowered sex workers might have advantages that other simply lack, but the scene is not simply a matter of desperation and a lack of options. It's a labour market like any other, insofar as there are there are desperate and exploited people, and others who can get by with cunning.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    It's not what options are available to them. It's what option they are prepared to accept with a much lesser pay! It's a personal choice influence by personal circumstances, but realistically, you can survive on bread but some ml do prefer a more luxury life.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I assume a lot of them are on student visas. The smart ones are studying courses that will help with the transition to life after being a ml/wl. They know parlour work is temporary and will accept the significant drop in pay.

Unfortunately, some are just enrolled in courses for a visa in Australia, and I think this transition will be so much harder. The job market is tough enough, let alone having English as a second language and a limited skill set outside the bedroom. I think those women plan to build a large enough nest egg to live comfortably back home, or marry here and not have to worry about supporting themselves.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Met most are studying in Accounting but we have over supply of professionals across all sectors therefore it will be hard. I Have met one that has actually have a full-time job in finance and does it part-time (once a week) as she loves to please guys.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) CunningLinguist's Avatar
    The vice squad !

Senior Member(無間使者)
    How about being a "real" masseuse

Banned
    Most of them seem to get locked in to being wl. So they will have to take a lower paying job like a cleaner or waitress.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    xxx xxx xxx

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneonone View Post
    Most of them seem to get locked in to being wl. So they will have to take a lower paying job like a cleaner or waitress.
    Agree, ML can and do graduate into WL. But that is hardly a change in career.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    The thread on 'what WL/MLs spend their money on" and Jellyshots comment on industries that have low barriers to entry got me thinking.

In your opinion, what jobs could a ML realistically get given the following possible issues:

1. No formal education beyond high school
    2. Potentially poor English
    3. Big unexplainable gaps in work history
    4. Potentially high course fees to pay
    5. No formal work experience in Australia

I'm sure there are others.

I'm really only focussing on MLs and not WLs as my naive interpretation might be that MLs are in this game for the shorter term and many more are looking to exit to a more fulfilling lifestyle.

You never know, if we can come up with some realistic roles, some of our ML friends might take our counsel.
    I'm sure that one or two have already ventured into the administration of adult website forums, whilst attempting to maintain a regular punter's identity. Accordingly, "punters beware."

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicToad View Post
    I'm sure that one or two have already ventured into the administration of adult website forums, whilst attempting to maintain a regular punter's identity. Accordingly, "punters beware."
    beware of what? that you may get screwed? lol