Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Slowdown in punting reports due to cost of living crisis?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I am feeling the financial stress these days with high interest rate. Large part of my household income goes to mortgage.

The main justification for the punting expense is that punting has tremendous benefits to my well-being both mentally and physically. It helps me to perform better with my work and progress better with my career. I do think that this is worthwhile investment.

I always allocate a certain portion of my income to punting and I make annual budget and stick to it. I plan my punting activities based on the budget which determines how often I punt, how long and what price points is acceptable. As a result of this, I haven't seen the legendary J Ice from GC yet as it's out of my price point.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Going to sound like an echo here.. but cost of living definitely has made me think twice about punting. A free online video or an expensive outing is one click away.

Because of my reduced punting, I generally visit my regular girls resulting in less reports online.

That being said, I have tried other girls and shops a while ago I've almost forgotten the sensation and feeling being with them; leading into some forgotten potential reviews...

I think something has to change for me to become a regular punter again. Either the shops get their pricing lowered, cost of living gets lowered, or the shops offer more for the exact same amount of money.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Retail Sales figures point to less consumption. Boomers with mortgages paid off/high wealth are the only ones spending and I don't think many of them are punting as much.

I'd say average punter is anywhere between 25-45 (my opinion - don't flame me lol) and that demographic has definitely slowed down from the shops I've spoken to. Some of the shops in Parramatta (Massage) tell me it's a lot quieter. Sometimes 1-3 customers. The popular shops are still getting foot traffic and some have increased prices to make up for the lost foot traffic (360/276 CBD). Other girls I've seen also tell me they are not as busy (also again not sure how much the girls are playing poker face to create that girlfriend experience lol).

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiryu0 View Post
    I've been punting way less too. So I'm always going back to girls I know will deliver rather than waste on trying new girls... It's been tough...
    I think this is it. People are punting with their regulars, so there's no need to write up new reports.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Times are tough for all of us. We are all going to make choices to keep within our comfort zones. I am happy to see my regular, no need to take chances on a potentially dud encounter. However reviews do give information for us to take a calculated risk, so don’t stop with the reviews!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by woodland View Post
    I think this is it. People are punting with their regulars, so there's no need to write up new reports.
    That says it all for me Bro woodland...

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    The media has not been reporting on the thousands of fixed-rate mortgages that were signed up at 2% long ago which are now all converting to 7% or more variable rates.

Many people today need to find an extra $1000 to $2500 a month to pay the jump of 5% in interest rate alone!!! From their after-tax incomes.

Senior Member(無間使者) LuvJapPusssy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Well, I thoroughly enjoy punting, honest to God I do. 25 years of it and I'm still getting the itch once in a while. But you gotta face the facts, the money you spend at this hobby is literally the definition of "dead money". You can't sell your experiences or enjoyment for a cent if you needed to, but you can sell the wife's jewellery. , The jewellery is a real, it has intrinsic value. The experience is just that, it's only something you can take to your grave with you, nothing more.

Let's not go down this rabbit hole any further. All we need to be doing is be real about the money we spend on this and don't try to hypnotize ourselves into thinking otherwise.
    Yeh I see what u mean, but sometimes it ain't about the money. Its about experience & enjoying life. Which is priceless. Its not dead money if you used it for something that you enjoyed.

You can't take money with you when you die. But at least you enjoyed life & the money you worked hard for. Better to go to the grave knowing you lived life to the fullest.

No point being the richest man in the graveyard.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by kpopcity View Post
    Noticed a drop in after reports on all forums across the board. Is it just me or is cost of living affecting punters which is resulting in less punts?

And if thats the case, why aren't shops dropping prices? (More of a half rant half question tbh)
    Market value ?

My own work which normally doesn't deal with the public has been effected by the slowdown, but its a major worry as I see it for Australia in general. We are really suffering the effects of stagflation, but nobody really wants to admit it. It might not be here now, but just around the corner.

Look at the financials of the banks and you might see something which is not publicly commented on, sure they make billions, but look at their ready cash reserves (which really is not cash as such). The figures show an increasing rate of mortgage difficulties which technically are defaults, but they are trying to hold of on repo's so not to be the first to cop shit over it.

Yet, is the real estate boom over ?

I have always stated "never by into a unit building till it reaches it 7th year" as by then the building issues either are in the courts or been there. Nowadays this is extremely relevant.

There is a nasty side effect of the last couple of years booming, the extremely poor quality of renovations which after the 6 years warranty, will create so many more issues not in apartments, but it 95% it will be kept quiet even by the press.

Most major manufacturing has moved offshore, the blue collar work force we have now is too small and too spoilt.

Even the great usa is turning on it allies which only more show for the shitbags in government now (may 2024) are cozying up to the marxist ideals of the stupid lazy society of the latest gens.

the majority chinese sex industry in australia isn't even locally driven....

Oh I should check out the aussie sex side of things, I suspect they are doing better and meeting their market demand.

So who really has enough time to do reports ? (I am trying to retire and just keep getting boringly busier).

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    If the cost of living is not effecting your lifestyle then you are very lucky, a drug dealer or a theif. Or you could have successfully organised your life so congratulations. The next step in this cycle will be that punt gets dearer, not cheaper. The good girls will move around. The good shops will charge more. The band is being stretched 😎

Senior Member(無間使者)
    The price has to go down or girls are gonna be out of work

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by yunglean View Post
    The only 2 things needing to go down is a chick and the zipper on your pants

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    Market value ?

My own work which normally doesn't deal with the public has been effected by the slowdown, but its a major worry as I see it for Australia in general. We are really suffering the effects of stagflation, but nobody really wants to admit it. It might not be here now, but just around the corner.

Look at the financials of the banks and you might see something which is not publicly commented on, sure they make billions, but look at their ready cash reserves (which really is not cash as such). The figures show an increasing rate of mortgage difficulties which technically are defaults, but they are trying to hold of on repo's so not to be the first to cop shit over it.

Yet, is the real estate boom over ?

I have always stated "never by into a unit building till it reaches it 7th year" as by then the building issues either are in the courts or been there. Nowadays this is extremely relevant.

There is a nasty side effect of the last couple of years booming, the extremely poor quality of renovations which after the 6 years warranty, will create so many more issues not in apartments, but it 95% it will be kept quiet even by the press.

Most major manufacturing has moved offshore, the blue collar work force we have now is too small and too spoilt.

Even the great usa is turning on it allies which only more show for the shitbags in government now (may 2024) are cozying up to the marxist ideals of the stupid lazy society of the latest gens.

the majority chinese sex industry in australia isn't even locally driven....

Oh I should check out the aussie sex side of things, I suspect they are doing better and meeting their market demand.

So who really has enough time to do reports ? (I am trying to retire and just keep getting boringly busier).
    I will have to agree with you on the face the the Chinese sex industry in Aus is not purely locally driven.

Every time I step into Ginza, when I wait for the girls, every other punter sitting in the punting room has been Chinese or East Asian - I don't think ive actually bumped into any punters non-asian. Maybe thats just me and its a coincidence but yea its definitely catered towards a different crowd compared to say your local thai massage place.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    i've had to cut back on date night with the wifey to sneak in some punts..even the annual family holiday. I need a
    second job!

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I will have to agree with you on the face the the Chinese sex industry in Aus is not purely locally driven.

Every time I step into Ginza, when I wait for the girls, every other punter sitting in the punting room has been Chinese or East Asian - I don't think ive actually bumped into any punters non-asian. Maybe thats just me and its a coincidence but yea its definitely catered towards a different crowd compared to say your local thai massage place.
    Have been keen to try out Ginza for a while. Did I understand correctly, but do punters all wait in the same waiting room together? If so, this doesn't sound right for top tier Asian shop. This old Italian is definitely not going now. I would stick out like a fly drowning in glass of milk.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    shit! so GINZa allows indians. you lost me there

Senior Member(無間使者)

There is of course another side....
    In the last few weeks I have received messages from a few "retired" ladies. These have been different original nationalities, but basically they either met a husband or had a kid and in all cases thought they had set themselves up never to work again. Well seems things are getting a it tough out there. The offers have been to meetup and see what happens/what might be arranged. This is only early stages, hang on for the long ride brothers.

Senior Member(無間使者) rubit moore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yunglean View Post
    Fuck ‘em. They get large amounts of cash each day, tax-free, contribute fuck all to this country apart from handjobs and sex and just suck the life out of your finances. It’s got way out of my price range here, I can’t see how continually forking out the likes of $300 to $500 per hour is affordable. Good for you if you can do it. Who gives a fuck what I think anyway haha. The Glory Days are well and truly behind us.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    No 5 marrickville just posted ladies photos on there wechat update (instead of the usual text roster). I guess business is slow enough they need to amp their marketing since this is the first time ive seen them upload girl photos

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneC View Post
    When i calculated my 2023 punt I would have been able to afford that necklace my wife has been nagging me! and for 2024 that ring she's been asking me! oh well YOLO
    You still can, make it a pearl necklace, just as nature intended.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast