I'm sure many of us have had issues making bookings, phoning through to the shop and organizing a time/girl to visit.

Some cases the customer service experience was just fucking horrible basically non existent. A very rare few have been really cool about genuine cancellations. With out the "fuck you for wasting time" comment.

Some shops treat you like scum of the earth, even though you had the deceny to let them know that you can't make a booking or you are running 15 min late.

Share your most hated shop to deal with in terms of communication/booking as well as the place most accommodating and seamless dealings. This is not too hate on the ML/WL but merely the management in how they deal with their customers.

The reason I asked this is today I called up to say I can't come because of a work meeting, got the text back saying "why you booking, why no come. The girl waiting for you already". Personally I'd rather take my business else where, where I'm not made to feel pressured in trying to fulfill that booking. I made the notification of my cancelation, and that should be that.

FYI I very rarely cancel and on time to all my bookings.