Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prostitution laws qld

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Great news. Does anyone know when it will take effect?

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by tripitaka19 View Post
    Great news. Does anyone know when it will take effect?
    Yet to be announced but Scarlet Alliance and Respect Inc (the main organisations who pushed for this legislation) are calling for a commencement date of 1st July.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Better hope it comes into effect before the next election because the LNP voted against it, and will no doubt throw it out if they gain government.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by popeye96 View Post
    Better hope it comes into effect before the next election because the LNP voted against it, and will no doubt throw it out if they gain government.
    Have conservative governments done that in NSW?

And I doubt that law enforcement will be wasting any resources on prosecuting illegal sex work related offences when those won't be illegal anymore in a few months.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by a173217 View Post
    Update: Decrim bill final debate is set for this week and the bill should likely be passed on Thursday. Laws won't immediately come into effect though until commencement date which hasn't been announced yet, hopefully will hear more info soon.
    Apparently the bill was passed today but no effective date announced yet. In Victoria the effective date was a few months after the bill was passed so they will probably bring it in around September but that could change depending on whether they think it might have an effect on the election results or not. I've been following the overall situation in Victoria a fair bit and was there in February. There have been a couple of shops who have upped the level of service that they offer but in general not much has changed other than they can operate without the fear of being raided. Of the shops that are now offering full service as a new item they are charging a hefty premium and given that prices in Brisbane are already fairly high I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope for prices to go down, about the best you can hope for is to get more extras for the same money.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by HughJorgan View Post
    Apparently the bill was passed today but no effective date announced yet. In Victoria the effective date was a few months after the bill was passed so they will probably bring it in around September but that could change depending on whether they think it might have an effect on the election results or not. I've been following the overall situation in Victoria a fair bit and was there in February. There have been a couple of shops who have upped the level of service that they offer but in general not much has changed other than they can operate without the fear of being raided. Of the shops that are now offering full service as a new item they are charging a hefty premium and given that prices in Brisbane are already fairly high I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope for prices to go down, about the best you can hope for is to get more extras for the same money.
    I agree. Why would they cut their prices when people pay for that amount already. At best it will slow price increases.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I think that hopefully it will make service better and increase participation numbers. More safe clean brothels also. Also it might mean a few very very good service gals from Sydney might move down here also

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by RLC View Post
    I agree. Why would they cut their prices when people pay for that amount already. At best it will slow price increases.
    I agree with RLC, if they were going to cut price, Sydney ML and WL would have given discount here in Brisbane already. The only way price comes down is large amount of new shops open and large amount of workers started working. The most important is punters like us HOLD on the high price they wanted now. As discuss at the other thread http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ticed-recently the OP noticed as they stop punting due to numbers of factors, the price ML demanded have came down. I would like to reward the discounting ML and avoid the high price ML in my future punting.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Decrim laws come into effect on 1st August according to Steven Miles https://twitter.com/DecrimQLD/status...09861459673221

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Good stuff. About time. Good new for the ladies in the Industry. heard about what happened in the past on a local radio show today. It was ridiculous

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by a173217 View Post
    Decrim laws come into effect on 1st August according to Steven Miles https://twitter.com/DecrimQLD/status...09861459673221
    There is no content on that link and I can't find anything with a bit of a search, have you got any other source for that date?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by HughJorgan View Post
    There is no content on that link and I can't find anything with a bit of a search, have you got any other source for that date?
    The link does work, and Mr Miles does announce the 1st of August as commencement date.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by VFlowers View Post
    The link does work, and Mr Miles does announce the 1st of August as commencement date.
    It says that the link does not exist

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by Massage hunter View Post
    It says that the link does not exist
    You’ll need a Twitter account to see the tweet - blame Elon Musk for being a little bitch and ruining Twitter.

The tweet says “Premier Steven Miles just announced s3x werk decrim commences 1 Aug 24 in QLD”, and it includes a video of Steven Miles making the announcement to a crowd, including the Aug 1st date.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I wonder if there will be any last hurrah raids before the law changes.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Does this mean that reviews don't need to be so cryptic from the 1st Aug?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by RLC View Post
    I wonder if there will be any last hurrah raids before the law changes.
    Now that would be a waste of resources.
    The new laws won't change the Visa checks though, so assume raids by Immigration will continue.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    But should happen is though ladies will be able to not worry as much as they can work together in a house. Before it was a crime for one lady to even phone another one.
    I think it will be a while before it gets alot better but it will happen. BBBJ will not be illegal etc.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I am not great at posting links but there was a good little bit on 4ZZZ radio station I think last week or the week before. It was quite telling just how bad it was for the girls but now they can look after each other and protect each other and report any dickhead punters too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12