PDA

View Full Version : Origin 1

Mr Crash and Burn
24-05-2012, 01:39 AM
Well done to anyone who backed Qld to win. Whilst they probably werent the best team for the majority of the game, there class stood out at the vital moments.

BUT I can categorically say Inglis's try was close to if not the worst decision in origin history. If the video referee watched it at normal speed and looked at Robbie Farah's eyes, ther is no way that he played at that ball. Drop ball, 20m restart and still game on!!!

AHLUNGOR
24-05-2012, 11:06 AM
Well done to anyone who backed Qld to win. Whilst they probably werent the best team for the majority of the game, there class stood out at the vital moments.

BUT I can categorically say Inglis's try was close to if not the worst decision in origin history. If the video referee watched it at normal speed and looked at Robbie Farah's eyes, ther is no way that he played at that ball. Drop ball, 20m restart and still game on!!!

Well. my team won, so no complaints from me..............haha

But is that some anger or fire in the belly I saw there. You need a Tiff fix man!! Thursday and Friday are your lucky days bro!!

Just make the call and get in early.

Cheers

:fire:

AHLUNGOR
24-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Just one more point to Big Mal,

I think they need to blood young Prop Josh McGuire from the Broncos into the Maroons squard for game II, they need more youth strength and stamina to level up the Blues.

my usual 2 cents

But I know QLD is very loyal to their team especially when they are keep winning, so unless there is any injury or suspension, they will keep the same squard.

I am guessing NSW will make two changes, drop Jennings and bring in big Jamal into the centre, and replace Jaime Buhrer with his more experienced Manly teammate Anthony Watmough to increase the Manly impact.

Can I put a bet on this, what's the odds??

24-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Wez were robbed...

AHLUNGOR
24-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Wez were robbed...

If you are beaten by a head, you can protest!!

When you are beaten by a length and a half, the result usually stands

Cheers

Flyerr221
24-05-2012, 11:23 AM
Wez were robbed...

Not sure if NSW would have won, however I did think that the decision to yellow card Jennings after a little fight is a joke. Traditionally fights occur without much issue other than warnings. That changed the game.

The Inglis try was a mess and I see that Harrigan has already said this AM that it should not have been awarded.

In any event it was a good match and I look forward to the next one.

Changes ? Hayne should get far more touches. Replace him with Stewart. Mannah for Creagh. Lawrence for Morris. Someone else for Buhrer.

stevodog
24-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Jennings should not have been sent off. He ran in to help his teammate who had about 7 QLD players threating him.Besides it was State of origin.Anyway next time NSW:shout:

Travelmate
24-05-2012, 04:09 PM
I am happy with the result.
Because I have put $500 on HALF/FULL double
I was at massage shop enjoy my massage as Brisbane players working hard on my dollars.
YEAH!

Thanks everyone!

Mozilla
24-05-2012, 04:31 PM
For the NSW supporters.. please!! heres the fact:
1. NSW was slightly better team. Check the stats on yardage gained and you can see that the NSW forward pack did do much better (thumbs up for Gallen 20HU with 200+ meters gained.)
2. Sin Bin - Correct decision. I love a great fist fight in origin like every other man. But we cant have dudes running in from no where and king hit someone that is already in a fight. you could seriously kill someone with that kinda shot. Be a man and go in and pick a fight. if tate happen to get hit right on the forehead and with huge force and hurt his, already fragile neck, imagine the consequence?? its no longer a sport. A total ambush type of fight is just not on. SIN BIN! However, consistency is required. I remeber wally use to do that and he got away with it.
3. Inglis try... correct. The new rule allows that. If a player go after to stop the try by knocking it out of the hands, the attacking player has every right to collect and play on. If you see the replay, you can see that farrah actually moves in and tilts the foot and leg towards it. its a conscious attempt to block, it just so happen it popped the ball off the hands. If this ended up with no try.. everyone would be saying Farrah is a genius for the great try saving block!!!
4. Daily telegraph on players rating... i would ignore them.. they dont know shit!

as for the win... QLD won because of PATIENCE, ORGANISATION, CLASS PLAY from Experienced and seasoned players, Stuck with their game plan.

Game 2... QLD is in trouble if they keep their same pack. their legs are old and slow... in the last 20min.. i can see that NOONE really wanted to take the ball up... its a worried sign. YES i am a qlder!

Flyerr221
24-05-2012, 04:38 PM
3. Inglis try... correct. The new rule allows that. If a player go after to stop the try by knocking it out of the hands, the attacking player has every right to collect and play on. If you see the replay, you can see that farrah actually moves in and tilts the foot and leg towards it. its a conscious attempt to block, it just so happen it popped the ball off the hands. If this ended up with no try.. everyone would be saying Farrah is a genius for the great try saving block!!!

If you watch the replay the ball pops up off Farrah's boot and onto Inglis's forearm, then onto the ground where Inglis provided downward pressure and claimed a try.

It was a knock on off his forearm.

Flyerr221
24-05-2012, 04:44 PM
2. Sin Bin - Correct decision. I love a great fist fight in origin like every other man. But we cant have dudes running in from no where and king hit someone that is already in a fight. you could seriously kill someone with that kinda shot. Be a man and go in and pick a fight. if tate happen to get hit right on the forehead and with huge force and hurt his, already fragile neck, imagine the consequence?? its no longer a sport. A total ambush type of fight is just not on. SIN BIN! However, consistency is required. I remeber wally use to do that and he got away with it.

My point here is that Origin has always been refereed differently. In a club game, players know that getting into a fight and especially running in to join a fight will be met with punishment. During origin however, fights have been the norm for decades and refs deal with it differently. They have always in the past tolerated a scuffle and almost always a penalty or warning is the punishment. In origin sin bins are rarely used and almost always for professional fouls. You can't just decide this year to change the way the game will be policed without telling the players.

AHLUNGOR
24-05-2012, 04:49 PM
as for the win... QLD won because of PATIENCE, ORGANISATION, CLASS PLAY from Experienced and seasoned players, Stuck with their game plan.

Game 2... QLD is in trouble if they keep their same pack. their legs are old and slow... in the last 20min.. i can see that NOONE really wanted to take the ball up... its a worried sign. YES i am a qlder!

Very good analysis Mozilla, didn't know you are a fellow Queenslander and with so much in depth RL knowledge, but I just like to comment on two of your points:

QLD won because of PATIENCE, ORGANISATION, CLASS PLAY from Experienced and seasoned players

All true, and also the fact that with the current Kangaroo Test team, the starting 13, 10 of them are from QLD, only 5 Uate, 8 Gallen and 13 Lewis are from NSW, enough said.

And secondly,

QLD is in trouble if they keep their same pack. their legs are old and slow

Yes and NO. I remember a few years back, the same criticism was already made towards Petro and Steve Price, and the results, the two Qld starting Prop blew the NSW pack away. I think Petro is great for the first 15 min opening onslaught, and then may be another one or two times with 10 min intervals. The only person I think QLD should add is Josh McGuire, but who do you take off in a winning team??

Anyway, good to know we are on the same border.............haha

Cheers

:smile:

Mozilla
24-05-2012, 04:51 PM
My point here is that Origin has always been refereed differently. In a club game, players know that getting into a fight and especially running in to join a fight will be met with punishment. During origin however, fights have been the norm for decades and refs deal with it differently. They have always in the past tolerated a scuffle and almost always a penalty or warning is the punishment. In origin sin bins are rarely used and almost always for professional fouls. You can't just decide this year to change the way the game will be policed without telling the players.

we'll they really cant tell the players... 'look guys, this year, we wont tolerate the 'run from 20m to king hit from the blind side' ok..?' im all for the fights.. just not a blind king hit running from 20m.

Mozilla
24-05-2012, 04:51 PM
If you watch the replay the ball pops up off Farrah's boot and onto Inglis's forearm, then onto the ground where Inglis provided downward pressure and claimed a try.

It was a knock on off his forearm.

i just watched the replay.. no forearm was touched.

Flyerr221
24-05-2012, 05:02 PM
i just watched the replay.. no forearm was touched.

Well Harrigan has just held a press conference to explain the try. He says that it DID touch his forearm, however it was not "played at".

Joke. Since when does a player attacking the ball trying to score a try not play at the ball ? That try could happen a 1,000 times again and it would not be given. Harrigan is just saving his ref's arse.

Mozilla
24-05-2012, 05:03 PM
Well Harrigan has just held a press conference to explain the try. He says that it DID touch his forearm, however it was not "played at".

Joke. Since when does a player attacking the ball trying to score a try not play at the ball ? That try could happen a 1,000 times again and it would not be given. Harrigan is just saving his ref's arse.

i think its becoming a joke now.... a shame that a good game turned into a ref bs. lets hope 2nd game is an improvement.

AHLUNGOR
24-05-2012, 05:04 PM

Points taken, but instead of saying GI scored the controversial try that seal the victory last night, I would say QLD won it on two great defensive plays, in the first half when NSW was on top, Billy Slater saved a certain try underneath the post by holding up Lewis when he charged over (or was it Farrah?), and then late in the second half, before GI's try, Sam Thaiday was a touch quicker than Haynes to ground the ball in goal, to borrow a phrase from Phil Gould, those two are huge Origin plays from two of the best Origin Players, if NSW would have scored just one of those try, they would have won.

And what about the decision to take the penalty kick 40 metres out at 12-10 and missed. If they found the line and press on, they may score or at least keep the pressure on, that was a momentum killer and got nothing to do with the referee. You should see Stuart's reaction in the coaches box, he sunk into his chair when he saw that his Captain has decided to kick for goal.....but the whole of Queensland was very happy with the decision and even happier with the miss kick.............lol

To me, those are the moments that won QLD game one

my usual two cents, but hey, what do I know about rugby league? I am just a Chinaman grew up watching English football in Hongkong............lol

Cheers

KingMark
24-05-2012, 07:39 PM
Points taken, but instead of saying GI scored the controversial try that seal the victory last night, I would say QLD won it on two great defensive plays, in the first half when NSW was on top, Billy Slater saved a certain try underneath the post by holding up Lewis when he charged over (or was it Farrah?), and then late in the second half, before GI's try, Sam Thaiday was a touch quicker than Haynes to ground the ball in goal, to borrow a phrase from Phil Gould, those two are huge Origin plays from two of the best Origin Players, if NSW would have scored just one of those try, they would have won.

And what about the decision to take the penalty kick 40 metres out at 12-10 and missed. If they found the line and press on, they may score or at least keep the pressure on, that was a momentum killer and got nothing to do with the referee. You should see Stuart's reaction in the coaches box, he sunk into his chair when he saw that his Captain has decided to kick for goal.....but the whole of Queensland was very happy with the decision and even happier with the miss kick.............lol

my usual two cents, but hey, what do I know about rugby league? I am just a Chinaman grew up watching English football in Hongkong............lol

Cheers

Agree.....absolutely

KingMark
24-05-2012, 07:47 PM
NSW was very close to winning and the bond among the players and coaching staffs has definitely been strengthened over the years. That swing that Jennings threw just again showed that they were the dirty side but I have to say they were much, I mean MUCH MUCH better than the last few years how they use all the dirty techniques to provoke fights. The halves combo that supposed to win NSW the game didn't have too much on and so now again, it comes down to the question of whether they will stick to the same team. I personally think by having faith in those players will help NSW win and that's why NSW couldn't capitalise in a number of really close games because deep down inside their hearts they lack the belief that we QLDers have.

Good luck NSW....2-1 QLD for me, GI / Brent Tate man of the series....

KingMark
24-05-2012, 07:50 PM

Cheers

Wish more Chinese can enjoy this sport....NRL needs u to promote the game...

Mr Crash and Burn
24-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Not sure if NSW would have won, however I did think that the decision to yellow card Jennings after a little fight is a joke. Traditionally fights occur without much issue other than warnings. That changed the game.

The Inglis try was a mess and I see that Harrigan has already said this AM that it should not have been awarded.

In any event it was a good match and I look forward to the next one.

Changes ? Hayne should get far more touches. Replace him with Stewart. Mannah for Creagh. Lawrence for Morris. Someone else for Buhrer.

Come on Bro Flyerrr!!! Those hot little Thai girls must have effected your brain.

Not that Creagh should stay, but more to the point is that NSW doesnt need a bloke who averages 1 offload every 200 carrys and is hardly setting the world on fire in a forward pack that is as brittle as a packet of dry sao biscuits.

oxly
24-05-2012, 09:06 PM
If you are beaten by a head, you can protest!!

When you are beaten by a length and a half, the result usually stands

Cheers
A length and a half was helped by other horse pushed NSW running 3 wild before home turn.