PDA

View Full Version : General talk FIFO is becoming worth it

andrewv
03-04-2023, 11:38 AM
Perhaps not many of us can sneak out of Australia for a long weekend due to having wives/partners, but I have been thinking that with all the prices of massage and FS places seems to keep going up, we might be reaching a point where the break/even of flying out and then flying back from say Thailand becomes a reality.

One could almost get a return ticket for $750, plus accommodation for 2 or 3 nights, plus endless girls for 3 days.... for less than getting laid in Sydney for 4 hours!!

Anyone doing this already? I did have a taxi driver a few months ago who said he did this in Philippines where he drive a cab in Sydney for 3 months, saving enough money to go to Philippines and live near a beach for 1 months and have a 'temporary girlfriend' while there.

ggochujang
03-04-2023, 12:57 PM
Any recommendations in bangkok would be nice. Visiting there for the first time from Friday.

(I would there are probably plethora of options but any recommendations plus tips and tricks would be nice)

aussiegaigin
03-04-2023, 01:02 PM
You could start by reading the Outside Australia section here, and maybe look at the International Sex Guide web page

GoldfishMan
03-04-2023, 05:31 PM
Perhaps not many of us can sneak out of Australia for a long weekend due to having wives/partners, but I have been thinking that with all the prices of massage and FS places seems to keep going up, we might be reaching a point where the break/even of flying out and then flying back from say Thailand becomes a reality.

One could almost get a return ticket for $750, plus accommodation for 2 or 3 nights, plus endless girls for 3 days.... for less than getting laid in Sydney for 4 hours!!

Anyone doing this already? I did have a taxi driver a few months ago who said he did this in Philippines where he drive a cab in Sydney for 3 months, saving enough money to go to Philippines and live near a beach for 1 months and have a 'temporary girlfriend' while there.

Interesting idea! However, I think a problem would be the downtime from work that you would have to take. Let's say you take 1 week off to do this FIFO. That's 1 week without work / pay (even paid leave is $$$). You gotta include that cost into the FIFO plan.

If you did the same $$ value punt in Syd, eg. 4 hour punt as you said. That's only 4 hours of your time used up. You would then be working and earning the rest of the week.

I guess it would be worth it if you were planning to take time off anyway, or if you can work from there.

rooter
03-04-2023, 06:08 PM
Thailand, Philippines etc is not cheap these days.
It is cheaper than Sydney prices of course but its not like "the good old days" anymore.
When you add in the the cost of airfare, hotel, taxi etc its not a going to be cheap.
For sure go to Thailand or the Philippines and have a good time, they are great countries to visit and the girls are great, but don't go there if you expect to save money.
With the airfare and hotel and other expenses you are starting off with a big $1500 deficit. You will not make it up in a few days unless you punt 3 times a day every day non-stop.

aussiegaigin
03-04-2023, 06:45 PM
People going to Thailand etc for "long weekends" are likely to come on the radar of ABF, especially if they start doing it regularly.

Imagine ending up with a starring role in Border Security, explaining to the world that you just popped over for a quickie or two, while they rip your luggage apart looking for your stash.

11Bravo
03-04-2023, 07:33 PM
Any recommendations in bangkok would be nice. Visiting there for the first time from Friday.

(I would there are probably plethora of options but any recommendations plus tips and tricks would be nice)Read ISG as someone else suggested. On the Thailand thread, read the Links to Reports of Distinction; there's a reason they are there. There is also a detailed "how to search guide" on the first page of the ROD thread, very useful.

1. If you're going to spend even a few days in BKK, buy a BTS rabbit card and an MRT subway card, 100 baht each. Then add some baht on each to use in the turnstiles,... (Think Opal card, but unlike Opal, need two, one for each system - TIT - This is Thailand).

2. Meet the World bar, upstairs, Patpong 2. A number of AR's (FR's) on said bar. No spring chicks there, but the ladies that are have a special skill set, and I'd suggest ringing the bell and see what happens (along with reading said AR's).

3. For MP's, number of reports. Tulip has its own specialty (and it's own thread for those exact reasons).

4. Soi 23, above Soi Cowboy, has a number of MP's with girls sitting out front. Always worth a stroll IMHO.

5 Sakura Akasuri, Soi 55, between soi's 4 and 6, right hand side as you're walking away from Sukhumvit, Thong Lo BTS station. Korean style salt tapping (#8 on the menu). Again, use ISG search function, numerous AR's. Googling "sakura massage Bangkok" (sans quotes) and clicking on Sakura Akasuri link gives a webpage with a map, info, photos.

6. Google "Stickman Bangkok" and read his weekly info and musings.

7. Don't be suckered into buying lady drinks while in the gogo bars. If you pull a lady from a gogo bar, you pay the barfine in the bar, but make it clear that for HER compensation, it's pay AFTER.

Do your homework on isg and you will be rewarded.

Fred Flintstone
05-04-2023, 02:15 PM

(I would there are probably plethora of options but any recommendations plus tips and tricks would be nice)

You don’t need any recommendations in Bang-Cock. Quasimodo with a walking frame could get laid there within two minutes of arriving

andrewv
05-04-2023, 03:07 PM
Speaking of FIFO for a 2 or 3 day weekend in Thailand, anytime you land in Manila (Philippines) from Sydney or Melbourne you notice all the middle and late age single Aussie guys at the airport, alone. I've been there several times on business (with some fun when not at the office), but most of the large number of Aussie blokes arriving Manila do not look like business guys arriving to do million dollar deals..... Just saying!

abovetherim
05-04-2023, 06:14 PM
Never been to Thailand and I’m really itching to go and experience what goes on over there. But it also sounds like you might come back from there with an itch or two!

DogBouy
05-04-2023, 06:41 PM
Fantastic info there mate, have been 4 times but you have given me a plan for 5th visit.

11Bravo
07-04-2023, 04:59 PM
Never been to Thailand and I’m really itching to go and experience what goes on over there. But it also sounds like you might come back from there with an itch or two!A hazard of punting, a condom won't protect from every STD. But most shops/bars/girls understand that it's bad for business. On the plus side, some MP's require periodic health checks. On the negative side, that doesn't protect you from an infection before the check, and given it's Thailand, any piece of paper can be bought. Personally, the only disease I've ever caught there is the dreaded bahtisdepletis.

It's not the bargain it once was, the whole bar scene has changed. But like the closing lines in The Wild Bunch, "It ain't like it used to be, but, ah, it'll do."

andrewv
07-04-2023, 05:56 PM
A hazard of punting, a condom won't protect from every STD. But most shops/bars/girls understand that it's bad for business. On the plus side, some MP's require periodic health checks. On the negative side, that doesn't protect you from an infection before the check, and given it's Thailand, any piece of paper can be bought. Personally, the only disease I've ever caught there is the dreaded bahtisdepletis.

It's not the bargain it once was, the whole bar scene has changed. But like the closing lines in The Wild Bunch, "It ain't like it used to be, but, ah, it'll do."

Haha, is “bahtisdepletis” when you get pick pocketed 😊

11Bravo
07-04-2023, 08:28 PM
Haha, is “bahtisdepletis” when you get pick pocketed 😊Think that should be pRick pocketed...

11Bravo
07-04-2023, 08:30 PM
Haha, is “bahtisdepletis” when you get pick pocketed 😊Think that should be pRick pocketed... :D