PDA

View Full Version : General talk Why we need honest shops and ARs.

JohnJones
19-06-2022, 12:39 PM
I was watching Charlie Munger's speech about doing honest business. Charlie Munger is Warren Buffett's business partner who also became a millionaire in his 30s or 40s.

The video is somehow edited to take a diss on "investment gurus" but what Charlie Munger says is quite gold IMO.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A_uB9bdzF0g&feature=share

"IF THESE CROOKS KNEW THAT BEING HONEST CAN MAKE THEM A LOT OF MONEY, THEY'D ALL BEHAVE PROPERLY."

For shop operators, WLs and MLs lurking around I suggest having a think about why your business isn't doing well and why some just can't seem to increase their prices past $150/hr.

You can pay forum spammers to write fake ARs but that will only increase traffic temporarily. Your business reputation is in the line when people find out those ARs are fake.

Let the cheapskate customers continue frequenting cheap shops, but the shops offering "diamond" services should at least make sure diamond services are being offered instead of just standard service. Perhaps if your girls can't offer diamond service, you could reduce them to a standard service girl and let them take home a pay that they deserve, not the pay they want.

Let's see how many spammers are going to go crazy here with keywords such as "YMMV". If 8/10 customers report the same negative issue it is no longer YMMV but rather a failed product from bad business decisions.

wilisno
19-06-2022, 01:06 PM
I was watching Charlie Munger's speech about doing honest business. Charlie Munger is Warren Buffett's business partner who also became a millionaire in his 30s or 40s.

The video is somehow edited to take a diss on "investment gurus" but what Charlie Munger says is quite gold IMO.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A_uB9bdzF0g&feature=share

"IF THESE CROOKS KNEW THAT BEING HONEST CAN MAKE THEM A LOT OF MONEY, THEY'D ALL BEHAVE PROPERLY."

For shop operators, WLs and MLs lurking around I suggest having a think about why your business isn't doing well and why some just can't seem to increase their prices past $150/hr.

You can pay forum spammers to write fake ARs but that will only increase traffic temporarily. Your business reputation is in the line when people find out those ARs are fake.

Let the cheapskate customers continue frequenting cheap shops, but the shops offering "diamond" services should at least make sure diamond services are being offered instead of just standard service. Perhaps if your girls can't offer diamond service, you could reduce them to a standard service girl and let them take home a pay that they deserve, not the pay they want.

Let's see how many spammers are going to go crazy here with keywords such as "YMMV". If 8/10 customers report the same negative issue it is no longer YMMV but rather a failed product from bad business decisions.
Don’t stir up shit with this sort of post again, no matter how honest a poster thinks he is, sooner or later someone with a different opinion will call it overhyped, or shill.

Be a smart punter, follow the lead you trust, do it your way without criticising others…